fbpx
Blog
部落格首頁 >

>

I don’t know還有更潮說法?讓你的口語表達更生活化!

I don’t know還有更潮說法?讓你的口語表達更生活化!

Cutting edge除了指刀的邊緣,還有別的意思?I don’t know還有別的更潮說法?一起來學學以下的片語跟單字,讓自己口說更生活化一點!

Cutting edge除了指刀的邊緣,還有別的意思?I don’t know還有別的更潮說法?一起來學學以下的片語跟單字,讓自己口說更生活化一點!

 

  1. Dunno 我不知道(就是Don’t know

Did she have plastic surgery?

她有動整形手術嗎?

I dunno.

我不知道也

 

  1. Feel up to something 能做某事

Do you want to go out tonight?

今晚想出去玩嗎?

No, I’m not feeling up to it.

不了,我應該沒辦法

 

  • What are you up to? 你最近都在忙些什麼?(就是What are you doing?)

What are you up to?

你最近在忙什麼?

I’m practicing my guitar.

我在練習彈吉他

 

  1. All ears 洗耳恭聽

A:How are you doing?

B:Not good, actually.

A:What happened?  I’m all ears.

 

  1. Can’t get one’s head around sth 搞不懂

I’ve spent five hours on this chapter, but I still can’t get my head around it.

我已經花了五小時在這章節上,但我還是不懂!

 

  1. Can’t recommend sth enough 非常推薦

If you visit Nottingham, try the burger at Annie’s Deli. I can’t recommend it enough.

如果你造訪諾丁漢,記得嚐嚐Annie熟食店的漢堡。我極力推薦!

 

  1. Bring up 提起某事;撫養、養育

She always brings up her past.

她一直提起往事

 

I hate to bring this up but you owe me 500 dollars.

我很不想提起,不過你還欠我五百元

 

I was brought up by my grandfather.

我是由外公撫養長大

 

  1. Open up about 開誠布公

It’s hard for her to open up about her depression.

她很難傾訴自己的憂鬱症

 

  1. snap off 折壞

Jimmy snapped the branch off the tree.

吉米把樹上樹枝折下來了

 

  1. Pull it off 成功

I’m sure you will pull off your project.

我相信你的計畫會成功

 

  • Pull off an upset 爆冷門

這裡的Upset 是爆冷門(名詞)的意思。那麼爆冷門的贏家就是黑馬(Dark horse),這讓我想到了另一個跟顏色有關的名詞:Black sheep(害群之馬)

 

Heat pulled off an upset against 76ers.

熱火爆冷門成功擊敗76人隊。

 

  1. Put sth off 延後某事

The association has put the event off until October.

協會將活動舉行延後到十月。

 

  • Put someone off 讓人不想做某事

This documentary put me off eating fried chicken.

這部紀錄片讓我不想再吃炸雞了。

 

  1. Whatnot 等等

Whatnot就是etc.(等等、諸如此類)

I ate tons of snacks at the party; fried chicken, poutine, apple pies and whatnot.

我在派對上吃了很多零食:炸雞、肉汁薯條、蘋果派和其他。

 

  1. 101 入門課

這裡的101可不是台北的建築物,而是指某個領域的入門基本知識

Welcome to today’s lesson: Photography 101.

歡迎來到今天的課程:攝影入門技巧。

 

  1. Put yourself in my shoe 站在我的立場

I know you don’t like her, but you’ll do the same thing if you were in her shoe.

我知道你不喜歡她,但如果你站在她立場想想,你也會做同樣的事。

 

  1. Cutting edge 尖端

Cutting edge可形容流行、科技或某個領域的發展很先進、前衛

  • Cutting-edge technology尖端科技

This website is cutting edge.

這個網站看起來好前衛。

 

  1. STEM 教育

STEM是科學(Science)、科技(Technology)、工程(Engineering)和數學(Mathematics)的首字母縮略詞(Acronym)。這個詞是源於美國國家科學基金會(NSF)在曾執行的跨領域科學教育會議。之後又加進藝術(Art),變成STEAM教育

 

免費取得英語能力綜合診斷報告

最新文章

分類

50分鐘免費體驗申請

【 給自己 12 週的時間 】

你會找到開口說英文的自信

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.